Our mission is to promote the awareness of therapy dogs and the good that they do on a daily basis somewhere in the world. We want people to realize that there are many ways a dog team can interact with the world around them – in nursing homes, hospitals, at disasters and in courts to name a few. Our mission also includes helping our local citizens find safe and affordable classes where they can learn to lead and love their dogs.
To accomplish this we offer the following:
- Educate the public about the value of these dog therapy teams by holding seminars and workshops throughout the year.
- Serve as an information source among and between groups and individuals who practice animal assisted activities.
- Assist nursing homes, hospitals, hospices, schools, and other institutions in setting up effective animal assisted activities, animal assisted therapy, and “pet therapy” visitation programs
- Periodic review sessions for experienced therapy dog handler
- Regular obedience classes open to the general public